When the roomie and I finally managed to leave our warm little nest and our butts made it into the seats of 45 bus line, we got a nice surprise as we passed by Washington Square. I think that every Santa I've ever seen in my life x 150, had found their way into that park. Watching them hurl red rubber kick balls at each other, drinking and being merry, made me somewhat bitter that I had to work on a project for art direction and couldn't play with the Santas.
The picture below doesn't quite show the scope of Santas that were around, there were at least twice as many to the left of the shot that didn't make it in the photo, but it'll give you an idea.

After the Santa invasion, a game of pool, and the art direction photo shoot/photo shop tutorial that took place in Daniel's apartment complex, we headed over to the Brickhouse cafe and bar to see their 'Bite Size' art show, where they hosted a range of artwork from photography, illustration to mixed media. The pieces were all relatively small and well, 'bite sized'. A friend of mine had some of his work in it so we swung by to check it out as well as to see what the other artists had to offer. Without bias, my friend's pieces were still my favorite in the whole show. You can check out some of his ridiculously detailed/bad ass stuff here. Below is one of my favorite of his pieces from the show.

So now... I'll leave you with one last panda piece, appropriately named "Lazy Sunday" with Chris Parnell and Andy Samberg. The roommate and I can't get enough of these SNL digital shorts. Enjoy.

No comments:
Post a Comment